[rabbitmq-discuss] Support for AMQP 0.10 and 1.0 versions

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 19 20:06:27 GMT 2012

Petr,

On 19/11/12 18:38, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> There is a slowly increasing fear that by sticking with RabbitMQ we
> become left in an isolated island of 0.9.1 in a world where everyone
> else will talk 1.0.

Rest assured that RabbitMQ will support AMQP 1.0 long before most of the
world is talking 1.0.

Furthermore, as Simon said, RabbitMQ will continue supporting AMQP 0-9-1
for a long time. We are not going to abandon the large community of
companies and individuals (most of them with no affiliation to the AMQP
Working Group) which has invested a huge amount of time and effort
producing clients, libraries, tools, documentation, products, etc, etc,
based on AMQP 0-{8,9,9-1}. Just take a look at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/devtools.html for a glimpse at what has been
created.

Regards,

Matthias.