[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange to Queue load distribution in round-robin manner

Kaushal Panjwani kaushal.panjwani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 06:55:02 GMT 2012

Hello All,

We are in process of evaluating rabbitmq as our messaging solution for a
high load application. We are using Heroku Workers as the consumers of the
task from the mq.
We are thinking of a solution where rabbitmq does the task distribution
job, such that as soon as a heroku worker comes up it declares a queue and
binds itself to an exchange. However as I understand exchange (direct)
 will publish the messages to all the queues binded with the same routing
key.Since each heroku worker subscribes to its queue all of them will
receive the same message.

Using a single worker queue seems to do the job, but the volumes we are
looking at is approximately 10,000 msg/sec. So my question is if there are
any limit on the capacity of single worker queue? And are there any other
solution available out of the box for the load distribution which scales
automatically with scaling out of workers?

Thanks in advance!