[rabbitmq-discuss] new Python client for STOMP 1.1: stompest 2.0a1 is out

nikipore nikipore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:06:33 GMT 2012

Hello everybody,

I'd like to announce that a new version of the stompest client is out.
stompest is a feature-complete implementation of the STOMP protocol
versions 1.0 and 1.1. It comes in three flavors:

* an abstract STOMP session and commands API
* a synchronous client
* an asynchronous client based on Twisted

New features w.r.t. stompest 1.x:

* STOMP 1.1 support
* abstract implementation of the STOMP protocols 1.0 and 1.1
* broker failover and more sophisticated connect/disconnect timeouts
* receipt handling
* better support of Apollo and RabbitMQ
* thorough redesign: cleaner and more consistent API
* fully documented

stompest 2.0a1 is alpha because it has not yet been used in production and
there are more features in the pipeline:

* automatic heartbeating (async)
* STOMP 1.2 support

Thus, the API might still change a bit here and there. It's pretty well
tested though (the test coverage has improved w.r.t. the already
well-tested stompest 1.x), and I am soon going to deploy it myself in
production (I am using stompest 1.x right now).

A big thank you to Roger Hoover (https://github.com/theduderog), the
developer of stompest 1.x, who assisted me a lot in moving stompest to the
next level!

If anybody is interested to contribute to the project (one of the features
listed above, integration test support for more brokers, maybe SSL support,
etc.), do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Jan

PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stompest/