[rabbitmq-discuss] Some problem about connection_closed_abruptly

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 6 14:49:52 GMT 2012

On 05/11/12 03:00, andy lin wrote:
> Thank you for your help ,the problem has been solved by setting the
> heartbeats.But I have a new question :  does the client start request
> to get message initiatively ( pull mode ) or  the server push message
> to the client which has connected to the server(push mode )? which
> mode does the rabbitmq use ?

Both. See http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-quickref.html#basic.get
(client requests a single message and gets back a message or 'empty') vs
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-quickref.html#basic.consume (client
subscribes to a queue; the server pushes a queue's messages to the
queue's consumers in round-robin fashion).

Matthias.