[rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

Daniel Lewis DanielLewis at Ticketmaster.com
Mon Nov 5 19:10:05 GMT 2012

Matthias,

> Well, "The system cannot find the file specified."
[Daniel Lewis]

This is the message that comes from redirecting the command output to NUL - If I remove this redirect, the message goes away.

> presumably is not an
> expression of delight ;) But you are more of a Windows expert than I am
> (I hope!).
[Daniel Lewis]

I admit I am not much of a Windows expert - I wish my project was on Linux!

> > I cannot find any erl_crash.dump files.
>
> There wouldn't be one; if it fails at that point then the installation
> of the service fails.

[Daniel Lewis]

The windows service shows up in the MMC Services Manager. It appears to be installed, since I can start & stop it either from the services manager or from the command line using rabbitmq-services.bat

When the service starts, I can see epmd.exe, erl.exe, and erlsrv.exe processes running in the Windows Task Manager, which leads me to believe the install portion was at least partially successful.

I did notice the message that "The system cannot find the file specified" even when I installed on my Windows 7 machine, where I can connect to the broker and send/receive message successfully.

> Right. I suggest you debug the rabbitmq-service.bat script and make
> sure that the erlsrv invocation at the end looks sensible after all the
> variable substitutions have taken place and succeeds.

[Daniel Lewis]
After the substitutions, the commands in the rabbitmq-service.bat are invoked like this:
For the list:
c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\erts-5.9.2\bin\erlserv list RabbitMQ

For the add:
c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\erts-5.9.2\bin\erlserv add RabbitMQ
etc

I do get confirmation messages that "Service RabbitMQ added to system."

Regards,
Daniel