[rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 5 17:42:31 GMT 2012

Daniel,

On 05/11/12 17:33, Daniel Lewis wrote:
> The erlsrv program is NOT in that directory.  It is under
> c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\erts-5.9.2\bin

That should be ok.

> Does the output you mention mean that there was a failure at that
> point?

Well, "The system cannot find the file specified." presumably is not an
expression of delight ;) But you are more of a Windows expert than I am
(I hope!).

> I cannot find any erl_crash.dump files.

There wouldn't be one; if it fails at that point then the installation
of the service fails.

> I am not sure what determines when a line in a batch file gets echoed
> to the console, but I do know there are often more lines echoed then
> executed...

Right. I suggest you debug the rabbitmq-service.bat script and make sure
that the erlsrv invocation at the end looks sensible after all the
variable substitutions have taken place and succeeds.

Regards,

Matthias.