[rabbitmq-discuss] basic_nack support in 0.8

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 1 17:11:57 GMT 2012

On 01/11/12 14:23, Alvaro Videla wrote:
> Is there a reason why basic_nack was not added to the 0.8 spec?

We haven't modified the 0-8 spec at all. Our thinking was that any
client that was stuck on 0-8 was unlikely to get the attention needed to
add support for new features.

> The php-amqplib client most people uses requires 0.8

That should really change!

> I played with adding basic_nack
> to rabbitmq-codegen/amqp-rabbitmq-0.8.json and it seem to work with very
> simple tests.
>
> On a separate note, is there a migration guide for 0.8 clients to 0.9.1 ?

It should just be a matter of swapping out the protocol spec file used
by your codegen.

*goes and looks at php-amqplib*

Ah. That looks like it's not using any codegen. I would still suggest
moving to 0-9-1. It should not be very hard.

> Did the wire format changed from one version to the other?

A little bit. Some of the class / method numbers changed, and some
methods gained or lost properties. But again, this shouldn't be a huge deal.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware