[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation Many Connections?

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:57:57 BST 2012

The issue persists with version 2.8.1 as well. It seems to work okay
when a single downstream connects to the upstream, but when a cluster
connects to the upstream the node making the connection creates new
direct connections to itself each time it fails to bind to the
upstream exchange.

Attached is a screenshot from the management console and here is the
contents of my log file: https://gist.github.com/b8714347f97a86b34724.
 The interesting thing to note is that the number of errors in the log
file correspond directly to the number of direct connections
dc2rabbitmq5 makes to itself (I cleared the logs before retrying
again).

Thanks,
James