[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation Many Connections?

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:38:41 BST 2012

So I investigated why it seems that one of the nodes in my test
cluster wind up have hundreds of direct connections to itself lately.
It turned out that  one of the upstreams it was connecting to didn't
have the exchange that is meant to be federated defined. It seems that
when the exchange doesn't exist on the upstream it just periodically
keeps retrying but does't close the previous connection.

I can send more log details if needed. I am currently running 2.8.0
but will upgrade to 2.8.1 and see if the problem persists.

Thanks,
James