[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl script still broken in Ubuntu package

Aaron Westendorf aaron at agoragames.com
Tue Mar 27 14:24:31 BST 2012

Perhaps, but Erlang already has a mechanism (a PITA one at that) for
authorizing clustered nodes. In my development environment it's quite
annoying to run sudo, and the default install will require sudo to
access the cookie anyway. It's a minor complaint, but between Erlang
and Unix, the permissions are already enforced without the extra step
of having to hack this script. In my experience, it's best not to work
outside the permissions system of the host OS.

--
Aaron Westendorf
Senior Software Engineer
aaron at agoragames.com