[rabbitmq-discuss] Failure starting rabbitMQ broker

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 15 11:03:26 GMT 2012

On 15/03/12 01:43, AlvinRMQ wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> It failed to restart again today. And the log file appeared normal apart
> from a warning mesage just prior to restarting the broker:
>
> =WARNING REPORT==== 15-Mar-2012::01:09:34 ===
> exception on TCP connection<0.16970.16>  from 192.168.0.145:49366
> connection_closed_abruptly
>
> I would think this is from one of the client machines shutting down.

Yes, that's just a client closing the socket without the AMQP close
handshake.

Did anything show up in the sasl log?

> Also, in which order should I restart the cluster of 2 nodes? Disc node or
> the ram node first?

You should start the disc node first, the RAM node won't know anything
if it's started first!

In 2.7.1 starting a RAM node first will give you an empty broker which
the disc node will then not cluster with. In 2.8.0 RAM nodes refuse to
start first.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen