[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl stall/hang when leaving a cluster

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Tue Mar 13 22:00:30 GMT 2012

Some other work came up so I needed to drop this thread for a few weeks.
However, coming back to it, I can easily reproduce this issue within one or
two tries.

In a nutshell, in a clustered environment, simply stop one node, wait a few
seconds, then restart it. The last output seen is:

starting database

I've let it wait for much longer than 30 seconds and it has never come back.

Any chance this may have been stamped out in RabbitMQ 2.8?