[rabbitmq-discuss] JSONP support

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:26:45 GMT 2012

On 12 March 2012 16:39, Jack Palfrey <jack.palf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently I have RabbitMQ running fine, can pass messages around different
> machines using the AMQP gem, but can't get a browser application hosted
> elsewhere to join in; cross-domain policy stuff kicks in. Unfortunately I
> can't move the application or the queues to the same host.

It sounds like you want to set up a reverse-proxy type thing to graft the
JSON-RPC plugin's portion of HTTP space into the HTTP space of your main
webapp. Perhaps something like Apache's "ProxyPass" directive.

Here's a lightly-edited stanza from one of my Apache configs:

    ProxyPass /rpc http://localhost:55672/rpc
    ProxyPassReverse /rpc http://localhost:55672/rpc

Regards,
  Tony