[rabbitmq-discuss] one exchange and different nodes

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 8 11:48:21 GMT 2012

On 08/03/12 04:07, Techq wrote:
> hi, may be it is a simple question, but it puzzled me a lot. I am
> setting up a RabbitMQ Cluster. My question is can i declare a exchange
> which mapping to different nodes? In my case, there are several nodes,
> like a at rabbit, b at rabbit, c at rabbit, and now i declare two queues which
> bind with an exchange(just in the same Channel), so can these two
> queues be in different nodes?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but:

* Exchanges live on all nodes by definition
* Non-mirrored queues live on the node on which they were first declared
* Mirrored queues live on whichever nodes their mirroring policy implies
* Therefore declaring two non-mirrored queues on the same channel will
put them on the same node

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen