[rabbitmq-discuss] Distributed RabbitMQ Nodes don't recognize each other

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 18 16:41:32 BST 2012

Hi,

On 14/06/12 20:38, ittai zeidman wrote:
> There is a chance my fiddling with the erlang.cookie or with the ports
> did not succeed but I don't know how to check them. I tried
> typing |erl| in the cmd and then |erl_epmd:names()| or other commands to
> get more information but I'm probably way off in erlang land.

Check the remote broker logfile for entries about disallowed nodes. If
you see this then you made an error with the .erlang.cookie file. The
troubleshooting page has more details:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/troubleshooting.html

It is also possible that a network or firewall connectivity issue is
preventing nodes from reaching one another. I would suggest trying to
cluster nodes on the same LAN and without firewalls first. Then
gradually add restrictions making sure everything still works as you go.

-Emile