[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuring beyond rabbitmq server on localhost

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 23 17:58:46 BST 2012

At Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:41:53 +0000,
McMahon, James S (TASC) wrote:
> On the server running my rabbitmq instance, how do I tell it "service incoming
> requests to send or read messages by listening on port 1234"?

By changing the RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT environmental variable, see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html .

> When you say Rabbit binds on all interfaces by default, that doesn't mean it
> monitors all ports does it?

It obviously doesn't (that would be an odd thing to do), I meant that rabbitmq
will receive all incoming connection and not just local one (in other words it
won't bind to the loopback interface only).

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt