[rabbitmq-discuss] Can you give me some advices About RabbitMQ

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 19 10:26:54 BST 2012

At Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:44:46 +0800,
Li, Wenhui wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> How are you?  I am sorry to bother you! I am a BlackBerry developer, now we
> have a BlackBerry project need use your product RabbitMQ.
>
> But, when we download the latest RabbitMQ client zip and import our project,
> we found many error.
>
> Through research we found that these errors are due to Java jdk version. The
> Blackberry jdk base on the j2me, in other words, the blackberry api
>
> Just only support j2me sdk, but your RabbitMQ client code base on the j2se
> sdk, so, some RabbitMQ use the API can’t be support by RIM, such as
>
> HashMap. Cloneable interface, EvevntListener interface and so on. I have tried
> to modify those errors, but found it is very difficult, because change this
> will make some
>
> More error in other class.
>
> Can you give some advice or idea for this problem? Please….
>
> I am very appreciate, thank you very much…

If I understand correctly, you are trying to install the Java client on a
BlackBerry and you are encountering problems because the Java client is not
compatible with the jdk available on BlackBerry (j2me).

In that case, I don't know what the j2me is like, but if it really lacks the
basic classes that you mentioned, I doubt that porting the Java client is an
option.

What I can suggest to do if you can't find an AMQP client that runs on
BlackBerry is to try with STOMP, which is a far simpler protocol supported by
RabbitMQ via a plugin.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt