[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ .NET Client Bug?

Jonathan Oliver jonathan.s.oliver42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:13:31 BST 2012

First and foremost, is there a public issue tracker where I can post bug
reports?

With the new .NET RabbitMQ.Client v2.8.4, I'm starting to receive these
messages during the shutdown process in my application:

System.NotSupportedException: Stream does not support writing.
   at System.IO.BufferedStream.WriteByte(Byte value)
   at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Write(Byte value)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.Frame.WriteTo(NetworkBinaryWriter writer)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SocketFrameHandler_0_9.WriteFrame(Frame frame)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.Command.Transmit(Int32 channelNumber,
ConnectionBase connection)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SessionBase.Transmit(Command cmd)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.MainSession.Transmit(Command cmd)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.Close(ShutdownEventArgs reason,
Boolean abort, Int32 timeout)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.Abort(Int32 timeout)

The code I'm invoking which causes the behavior is
"connection.Abort(3000);".  This is part of the shutdown code which waits
about 3 seconds before forcefully terminating the connection.  Obviously
this is fairly easy to work around on my end, but I wasn't sure if it was
intended/expected behavior or if it was a regression of some kind.

Lastly, do you guys need an additional maintainer for the RabbitMQ.Client
NuGet package? I've seen a few releases where the package wasn't released
in a timely manner.