[rabbitmq-discuss] How to specify user/pass

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 3 02:03:55 BST 2012

On 02/07/2012 23:22, eleanor wrote:
> Yeah, that works fine with internal authentication scheme of rabbitmq.

Snip.

>       {mod,{rabbit,[]}},
>       {rabbitmq_auth_backend_http,
>         [{user_path,     "http://127.0.0.1/auth/user"},
>          {vhost_path,    "http://127.0.0.1/auth/vhost"},
>          {resource_path, "http://127.0.0.1/auth/resource"}]},
>       {env,

Ok, so you're look at http://127.0.0.1/auth/user - does that *really*
return a response for you!?

snip snip....

> I specified the test:test username and password, since that's what I added
> to the django application, which is included as an example to the HTTP
> plugin. If I enter the GET request:
>      http://127.0.0.1:8000/auth/user?username=test&password=test

Because *THIS* URL specifies that the web application is running on a
different port - 8000. Unless I'm loosing my marbles, the default port
for HTTP traffic is 8080, so that's probably why the rabbit plugin
cannot get through to your web server.