[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c RPC example

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 19:07:28 BST 2012

I would like to say that rabbitmq is a very nice messaging implementation.
I had to implement a module to coordinate a very large number of processes
on Linux and over a one week time period installed rabbitmq, worked out the
implementation, and pushed to production.  I expected to have to work out
some bugs, but amazingly it just worked.  One or two minor tweaks and it
has been running for almost two weeks now with out issue.

That being said, I implemented this using the C library.  I used a basic
publish/subscribe approach to the implementation.  The reality is that the
design pattern really fits an RPC implementation.  My problem was that I
was pressed for time and could not quite get the details worked out for an
RPC implementation.  I was wondering if someone had an example of a C
implementation of the RPC on rabbitmq?

Jonathan