[rabbitmq-discuss] What's the best way to monitor the client exit

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 31 10:53:51 GMT 2012

On 31/01/12 07:36, Liuzhuofu wrote:
> In my system, many client will connect to the rabbit server, and they
> send msg to eachother.
>
> My problem is: when one client coredown (lost the connection with rabbit
> server), I must catch this event quickly, and broad this event to all
> the other clients as soon as I can. What's is the best way to get the
> event (one client coredown)?
>
> Do I need to develop a plugin and add it to rabbit server?

Possibly. We've never developed this sort of feature lragely due to it
not being clear what would be a good set of semantics that would work
for everyone.

Tony Garnock-Jones has already written a plugin which might do the job
for you:

https://github.com/tonyg/presence-exchange

I'm not sure how up to date it is but it looks like there are recent
enough commits.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen