[rabbitmq-discuss] Pushing events to browser

Mark static.void.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:54:25 GMT 2012

We would like for each one of our users to subscribe to their own
personal queue. When a message is delivered to this queue we would like
to send this notification to the user in real-time. I was wondering the
preferred way of doing this.

For example with Faye Pub/Sub server (http://faye.jcoglan.com/) they
include a javascript file that can be used to subscribe to events from
the front-end. Is there anything like this with RabbitMQ or AMQP in general?

varclient =newFaye.Client('http://localhost:8000/faye',{
     timeout:120
});

varsubscription =client.subscribe('/foo',function(message){
     // handle message
});

This also leads me to my next question. What is the upper bound of
unique queues one RabittMQ machine can reasonably manage. I know its
hardware dependent but can someone throw out a ballpark figure...
hundreds, thousands, 10's of thousands... etc

Thanks in advance