[rabbitmq-discuss] Help needed for .NET API for RabbitMQ.

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 9 09:47:46 GMT 2012

Hi Bikram,

On 07/01/12 06:58, Bikram Bhuyan wrote:
> I am trying to do that. But not sure how to know if the item is already
> in the queue. That what I am trying to achieve it. Could you please give
> some pointor or logic hot to achieve it?

Deduplication is something that you have to perform outside the broker.
A database table of task ids is the typical solution. You could populate
this database on the client when the message is received, and update the
same task id when the processing is complete.

You could also perform the deduplication on the producer. This will
avoid the cost of queueing duplicate tasks, but you will need to think
about how you handle the case when a consumer fails while processing a task.

-Emile