[rabbitmq-discuss] Brining cluster node back up after stop

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 3 14:33:20 GMT 2012

Hi Adam,

On 02/01/12 18:24, Adam Rabung wrote:
> Hello,
> I am investigating active/active clustering, using just my machine for
> now.  All is going well, but I'm having a hard time bringing up a node
> that I have previously stopped.  I believe the problem only happens
> when I restart a node that was a disk node when I stopped it.
>
> startCluster script:
> https://gist.github.com/1551407
>
> running startCluster:
> https://gist.github.com/1551429
>
> After starting the cluster, I'm able to bring node 2 and 3 up and down
> with no problem, but node 1 does not come back up.
> https://gist.github.com/1551582
>
> I realize this may just be a problem due to the fact that I have three
> nodes on one machine, but I am troubled by how little I understand
> from that error message :)

I've just repeated the same commands (using the latest version of
rabbitmq-server, rabbitmq-management and all their dependencies) which
did not produce the same error:

Error: {cannot_start_application,rabbitmq_management,...

This means the management plugin was unable to start. You could try to
recompile all the dependencies from scratch or disable the management
plugin temporarily.

-Emile