[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about RabbitMQ "Presence Exchange" Plugin

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 3 11:09:50 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 03/02/12 09:35, Liuzhuofu wrote:
> 1. What's the behavier of "x-presence" like? direct, fanout or topic?

None of those: the presence exchange is a different kind of exchange
that drops messages that are published to it. Instead it generates
messages when queues bind and unbind.

> 2. One "x-presence" exchange can only get the event that the binding
> changes on this exchanges, other bindings on other exchanges, it can not
> monitor, am I right?

It only produces notifications of binding on the local exchange, not
other exchanges.

> 3. If I want to develop a plugin, how can I known what api interface of
> RabbitMQ Server can I invoke? The RabbitMQ website tell us how to build
> and deploy, active a plugin, but not tell us how to write a plugin.

This page has information to help you get started:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html

-Emile