[rabbitmq-discuss] Dangling Connection

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 21 10:24:56 GMT 2012

Hi

On 21 Dec 2012, at 10:19, PSL 88506 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have 2 instances running on the same Server (running on same IP address).
> Hence each instance will be connect to RabbitMQ and will establish multiple connections
>
> Say Suppose,
> For Server-1 with IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx.
> Instance-1 establishes 10 RabbitMQ connections(IC10, IC11, IC12....IC19) and Instance-2 established 10 RabbitMQ connections(IC20, IC21, IC22....IC29).

I'm afraid I really don't understand your question. Instances of what!? Are you saying two client instances connecting to one broker? Or something else?

> Is there any way to identify dangling connections(connection is idle) and for which instance that dangling connection belongs to ?

The management web interface provides a view of active connections. I don't think that the information there will tell you about when the connection last did much useful however. What do you mean by 'dangling' connections?