[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0.0 hangs

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 18 11:22:02 GMT 2012

On 17/12/12 14:59, Rui wrote:
> We use a .Net process which runs Rabbit using “sbin\rabbitmq-server”.
> This has been running in prod with previous versions of rabbitmq for a
> while with no problems – have you changed the way the Management Plug-in
> runs?

Not in any way that should matter.

But the management plugin (well, the management agent) does invoke
external commands periodically to help it monitor use of file handles.
If I had to guess on what's happening I would say something is getting
confused in the environment of this external process.

If you were able to post a self-contained source of the process which
launches RabbitMQ for you then we can investigate this - without that
we're rather stuck.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen