[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0.0 hangs

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 17 16:37:12 GMT 2012

On 17 Dec 2012, at 14:59, Rui wrote:

> Hello Tim,
>
> We use a .Net process which runs Rabbit using “sbin\rabbitmq-server”. This has been running in prod with previous versions of rabbitmq for a while with no problems – have you changed the way the Management Plug-in runs?

I don't think so, but the problem here doesn't appear to be anything to do with the management plugin - it is an error indicating that the stdio management has run into a bad input/argument. So you're launching rabbit from inside another operating system process? Are you sure you're not closing the pipe or something like that?

I suppose it's possible that some open_port call that results from running management could be to blame, but it sounds unlikely to me. I'll have a go at reproducing this in a Windows machine tomorrow, but it *looks* like the kind of thing that's tricky to reproduce.

Another colleague has suggested that it might be worth trying to re-install both rabbitmq *and* erlang completely on the machine and trying again.

Cheers,
Tim