[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0.1?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 11 00:57:32 GMT 2012

Guys, can we try and keep from mixing up the threads please? It makes it really hard to track what we're responding to when you suddenly switch context from one question to another.

Andrius - I realise you *are* asking whether something was changed in 3.0...

On 10 Dec 2012, at 23:02, Andrius Norkaitis wrote:

> Does anybody knows is that bug or something changed in v3 that causes such error:
>
> The AMQP operation was interrupted at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.System.IDisposable.Dispose()

Can you provide a tiny bit more detail than that? Does the broker see the connection dropping - in the logs for example? Some changes were made to the .NET client in 3.0.0, but these should not cause unexpected breakages.

You haven't mentioned whether this happened immediately after upgrading, or some time later?

> in Windows Service with .NET RabbitMQ Client v3.

And you are presumably running a 3.0.0 broker too right? Not that it should make much difference (with one or two caveats), but just want to check.

> Service code hasn't changed and all previous versions of Rabbit .Net client worked without such error event.

If you need to roll back to an earlier version of the client, it should (in theory) still work fine. The protocol hasn't changed after all. Having said that, there *are* breaking changes in 3.0.0 that could affect clients using certain APIs, so it's worth double checking you're not running into one of these. See http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/11/19/breaking-things-with-rabbitmq-3-0/ for a good overview.

HTH to get started figuring out what's wrong.

Tim