[rabbitmq-discuss] No Exchange Found In V Host Issue

Rajni rajni at arosys.com
Fri Aug 31 12:16:13 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm a newbie to rabbitmq publish/consume concept , I would request for
positive reply from anyone.

I'm trying to publish a message using the code below:

String exchangeName = "directPublishMessageToIndexServiceExchangeName";

String routeKey = "directPublishMessageToIndexServiceRoutekeyName";

channel = connection.createChannel();

channel.basicPublish(exchangeName,routeKey, properties,messageBody);

channel.close();

and when I try to run the code it's giving an error like below :

ERROR - Exception in closing Channel :
com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: channel error; reason:
{#method<channel.close>(reply-code=404,reply-text=NOT_FOUND - no exchange
'directPublishMessageToIndexServiceExchangeName' in vhost
'/',class-id=60,method-id=40),null,""}

com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: channel error; reason:
{#method<channel.close>(reply-code=404,reply-text=NOT_FOUND - no exchange
'directPublishMessageToIndexServiceExchangeName' in vhost
'/',class-id=60,method-id=40),null,""}

ERROR - com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: connection error;
reason: com.rabbitmq.client.impl.UnknownChannelException: Unknown channel
number 5

Please Help..!

Thanks,

Rajni