[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Excessive memory consumption of one server in cluster setup

Matthias Reik matthias.reik at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:02:49 BST 2012

Hi Matthias,

even though the setup looks slightly differently (since we are not using
the shovel plugin), the reason
could be the same. We are explicitly ACKing the messages (i.e. no
auto-ack), even though the consumers
are in the same data-centers (so we should have a reliable network), but if
the acks are lost and that
causes memory increase in the server then it could be the same bug.

Is there anything I could do to validate this assumption? I have provided
initial logs to Francesco.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to get into a state where I have
a working cluster again
(currently I took our second server out from the cluster, but that's of
course a bit of a risky thing to do)

Thx for your help, appreciate a lot.

Cheers
Matthias