[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel stuck?

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 17 16:52:23 BST 2012

At Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:50:16 -0700,
Alex Zepeda wrote:
> Well, the other thing that stands out is that the shovel seems to remain
> wedged across reboots but gets unstuck after a power cycle.  My current
> hypothesis is that power cycling leaves the filesystem in an inconsistent
> state resulting in the mnesia files getting zapped.

That is very implausible.  Shovel is largely stateless and even an application
restart is enough to "unstuck" it.  The mnesia/msgstore data doesn't have
anything to do with the issue you experienced.

> Any idea if there's a good way to unwedge the shovel?

Restarting the shovel application, as mentioned:

  rabbitmqctl eval 'application:stop(rabbitmq_shovel), application:start(rabbitmq_shovel).'

> Also, any ETA for a proper fix?

If all goes well, a few days.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt