[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Dead Letter Routing

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 17 13:09:31 BST 2012

Hi Paul,

At Thu, 16 Aug 2012 02:17:17 -0700 (PDT),
Paul wrote:
> Question... "the exchange routes the message to the reply_to queue property on
> that message"... is this possible and how?

Not with the AMQP exchanges types, or the additional exchanges that I've seen.
You can probably easy define your own exchange type and use it as a plugin. For
more information see <http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html>.  As an
example of an exchange type packaged as plugin you can check out the consistent
hash exchange: <http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-consistent-hash-exchange/>.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt