[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ cluster on a single machine, OSX Lion, Homebrew

Brendan Hay brendan at soundcloud.com
Wed Aug 15 17:13:01 BST 2012

Rather than going through with all the *-env.conf shenanigans for
development, I have a reusable bash mess that sets up N* nodes.
It uses ruby foreman (gem install foreman) so I can enjoy colorfully
interleaved rabbit startup output, and then Ctrl-C/SIGTERM to bring down
the house.

You'll need this entire directory:
https://github.com/brendanhay/vanguard/tree/master/dev
And is runnable via ./dev/run

It looks for *.config files in ./dev, and sets up a node based on the
filename with an incrementing port range and adjusted environment variables
so there should be no clashes.
(So your nodes from the default above, will be rabbit@`hostname` and
chinchilla@`hostname`, add more configs as needed).

If you're testing clustering, you will need to do all the
rabbitmqctl shenanigans yourself.

- Brendan