[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel stuck?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 15 11:30:45 BST 2012

Hi,

On 14/08/12 21:29, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> 1.) The logging is exceedingly verbose.  I've set
> {log_levels, [{connection, none}]}, but shovel still dumps a bunch of info in
> the SASL log.  Are there any tunables to turn this down, or would that require
> recompiling shovel?

There are no other tunables, but it should be possible to rotate and
archive old logs regularly. The only other option is to turn logging off
completely in Erlang, something we don't recommend.

> 2.) Occasionally the shovel gets wedged.  Initially it was from running into
> the free disk space limit, but occasionally I'll run into a situation where
> the shovel just terminates for no good reason (stop_app; start_app seems to
> resolve the issue).  Here's the error I'm seeing:

Are there any log entries in the regular or the sasl log that might help
to explain this? How long after starting a shovel does this happen? Can
you reliably reproduce the problem?

-Emile