[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ failover/recovery

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 14 13:43:12 BST 2012

Hi Edward,

At Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:30:53 +0000,
Wax, Edward wrote:
> I’m working with a RabbitMQ HA Cluster and have a question regarding
> failover/recovery.
>
> RabbitMQ in Action has a section on rethinking code layout to accommodate for
> RabbitMQ failures.  It uses a standard consumer/producer model.  Does anybody
> have experience with RabbitMQ failover in an event-driven, asynchronous
> application.

Your question is quite vague.  Could you give more details about the problems
you're encountering?  HA is not that much related to how you send and consume
messages, so I can't see any obvious issues that should arise.  I'll take a look
at the book to check if that makes the issue clearer.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt