[rabbitmq-discuss] Mnesia corrupting after node joining cluster

David Brown dbrown at prmllc.com
Wed Aug 1 21:20:36 BST 2012

Matthias,

thanks so much for your info on this.  I assumed from the start that I
didn't need to cluster, but I never ran across any documentation that
referred to using a single broker, the '...distributed.html' was misleading
and the 'RabbitMQ In Action' book never pointed this out.

I'm developing using the .Net client in C#, this is my method to connect to
rabbit:

   public bool connectToRabbitMQ()

    {

        bool r = true;

        try

        {

            var connectionFactory = new ConnectionFactory();

            connectionFactory.HostName = mServer;

            mConnection = connectionFactory.CreateConnection();

            mModel = mConnection.CreateModel();

            mModel.BasicQos(0, 1, false);

            mExchanges = new List<string>();

        }

        catch (BrokerUnreachableException e)

        {

            r = false;

        }

        return r;

    }

So all I need to do is have the variable mServer contain the name of the
Host that is running the RabbitMQ broker, right?

Thanks again

David