[rabbitmq-discuss] Mnesia corrupting after node joining cluster

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 1 20:23:37 BST 2012

David,

On 01/08/12 19:15, David Brown wrote:
> To implement distributed messaging, my understanding is I've got three
> options, cluster, federation, shovel.

I guess the title of http://www.rabbitmq.com/distributed.html might have
given you the impression that to get a message flowing from an app on
one machine to an app on another machine you'd need brokers on both
machines and connect them with clustering, federation, or shovel.

That is not the case.

AMQP is inherently distributed - it is a network protocol, so it's quite
typical to have a single broker to which apps connect from wherever they
are running. Apps and brokers do *not* have to reside on the same
machine (and, typically don't).

Regards,

Matthias.