[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems with umbrella make files

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 18 16:55:50 BST 2012

Hi Alvaro,

I can reproduce this behaviour. It seems like making the rabbitmq-server
includes making the plugins, which somehow tries to re-make the server
-- and I (eventually) recurse off the forking stack.

Making the release beforehand probably stops the recursion starting.

This probably started when we decided to ship all the plugins with the
server -- so we build them as part of the rabbitmq-server build now. But
I'm slightly surprised that no-one has complained about this already.

In development we build rabbitmq-server from our development umbrella
repo, which INCLUDES the public-umbrella repo, so the plugins are built
after the server is already done (I think). So we don't see this,
normally.

I'm going to see if I can find out where the recursion happens and see
why it does.

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------yet more definitions from the SPD----------
chinchilla (n.) Cooling device for the lower jaw.
socialcast (n.) Someone to whom everyone is speaking but nobody likes.
literacy (n.) A textually transmitted disease usually contracted in childhood.
ebola (n.) A Yorkshire cricketer.