[rabbitmq-discuss] Status of RabbitMQ-C

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:48:07 BST 2012

Hi - current maintainer of the rabbitmq-c library here;

I don't know the entire history behind the rabbitmq-c library, however as I
understand the label 'experimental' has a lot to do with the fact the
library was not given the same amount of attention as the other official
Java, .NET and Erlang clients, and thus was not promised the same amount of
support the other clients were given.

I would give the library the label "beta" currently.

The library does support the current feature set of the latest RabbitMQ
broker (v2.8.1)
The library has been used in limited amount of production scenarios (that I
know about) and been shown to be stable in the cases I know about
The API definitely needs some love, especially in the area of consuming
messaging and dealing with asynchronous events
Currently the library lacks good documentation and packaging

-Alan