[rabbitmq-discuss] messages one at a time

Raoul Buzziol raoulus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:37:59 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to consume messages from a queue by multiple consumer
one at a time. The queue should deliver a new message only after an ack.

The way I found to handle it is to let the consumer be exclusive. But In
this case only one consumer can be access to the queue.
My clients comes and goes, should they try to consume all interested queues
and skip those whom rejects access? And then poll accessibility of
available queues?
Are there better solutions, is this the way or am I wrong?

Thanx, Raoul

(.net client on RabbitMQ 2.8.1)