[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ, SSL, .NET Client

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 19 20:59:33 BST 2011

Hi Jeremy,

Op 19/09/11 18:50, het Jeremy Mason geskryf:
> Hi,
>
> I have a RabbitMQ service running localhost in Windows 7, and I am

I assume this means the server and client are on the same machine.
Otherwise you should check whether there are any firewalls that redirect
SSL traffic.

> attempting to get a .NET client to communicate with SSL.  I have a
> certificate that our company purchased, so I shouldn't need to generate
> a self-signed certificate, as laid out in the example page.

You will still need to provide the broker with a CA certificate.

> The error I am receiving is:
> RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.ProtocolVersionMismatchException: AMQP server
> protocol negotiation failure: server version unknown-unknown, client
> version 0-9

That is very strange.

> While the service is running, I can still send messages via the non-SSL
> port, just unable to connect to the SSL port.  Keeping this short for
> simplicity, please let me know what other information I can provide
> (client/server configuration, etc.)

Can you confirm whether this behaviour is limited to the Windows service
only, or can you replicate when running rabbit as an application?

Is the client definitely talking to the same rabbit server on SSL and
non-SSL ports? Does the broker logfile show successful non-SSL
connections as well as unsuccessful SSL connections? Can you quote the
relevant log entries?

-Emile