[rabbitmq-discuss] Issues with RabbitMQ, SSL and .NET

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 16 14:02:12 BST 2011

Hi Umut,

Op 13/09/11 12:37, het Umut Sahin geskryf:

> cf.Address ="10.35.110.167";
> cf.HostName = "server-PC";

> this code crashes all the time...
>
> but when we take the #cf.Address ="10.35.110.167";# line to the bottom it works like a dream...
> so the working code is below:

> cf.HostName = "server-PC";
> cf.Address ="10.35.110.167";

ConnectionFactory.Address is a convenience for setting multiple other
properties simultaneously, including hostname. In your case you already
set those properties, therefore also setting Address is superfluous.

If using an IP address is the only option that works then your name
resolution is not working. Check your hosts file (typically
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) or your DNS.

(If you do choose to reply to this message please don't start a new thread.)

Regards

Emile