[rabbitmq-discuss] consumers and vhosts

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 31 09:25:38 GMT 2011

It depends on what you mean by a consumer.  In the AMQP sense, a
consumer can only consume from one queue.  In addition, AMQP connections
are limited to one vhost each.  So you could have a single application
consuming from queues from multiple vhosts, but you'll have to start a
separate connection for each vhost, and a separate consumer for each
queue.

Also, the way you ask the question is a bit strange.  You consume from
*queues*, not from vhosts.  Vhosts are, practically, namespaces.  So,
you declare queues/exchanges/bindings in them, and you set user
permissions for them, but you don't consume from them.

Does this answer your question?

Cheers,
Alex