[rabbitmq-discuss] Cannot get 3 Node cluster to work

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 30 10:22:35 GMT 2011

Hi Steve,

On 29/11/11 16:25, steve flitcroft wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having issues getting a 3 node cluster to work. I am able to
> cluster any combination of the 3 nodes with each other however when i
> try to join the third node into the cluster it keeps telling me that
> "Mnesia could not connect to some nodes".

If any two nodes can connect then all three should cluster without
difficulty. Have you tried following the clustering transcript exactly
and found the same error?
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#transcript)

What log entries appear at the time time of the error message?

Are the ports reported by "epmd.exe -names" reachable from the other
nodes in all cases, in addition to port 4369?

Does the use of the force_cluster command help?

-Emile