[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP 1.1 Repeated Headers

Guy M. Allard allard.guy.m at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:54:19 GMT 2011

After further consideration, I do not agree with this behavior.

The 1.1 spec specifically shows an example:

|MESSAGE
foo:World
foo:Hello

^@|

The frame above is a MESSAGE frame, and hence must be generated by the
broker.

The implication is that this frame is presented to the client as-is, and
the client is left to deal with (quote from the spec):

The value of the|foo|header is just|World|.

On 11/18/2011 07:10 AM, Guy M. Allard wrote:
> I agree that is a possible interpretation of the spec.
>
> The spec could also be read as:  brokers forward as is,  clients deal
> with the 'SHOULD use only the first' part.
>
> I am testing a 1.1 client against Rabbit and Apollo.  The behavior is
> different.
>
> This implementation does seem to imply that a client can not ever act
> as a pure server-to-server transfer mechanism.
>
> I will deal with either.  Thanks for the info that this is expected.
>

> On 11/18/2011 01:40 AM, Lionel Cons wrote:
>> gmallard<allard.guy.m at gmail.com>  writes:
>>> I establish a 1.1 level connection, and send a frame:
>>>
>>> SEND
>>> destination:/queue/tq
>>> dupkey1:latest
>>> dupkey1:before1