[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Windows 2008r2 Setup

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:09:09 GMT 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 1:23 PM, steve flitcroft
<steve.flitcroft at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Not really the shared storage but the way the RabbitMq windows
> installer appends a guid to the service name means there is a
> difference between the nodes in the cluster therefore they do not play
> nice with the Cluster and Failover manager and everything has to be
> identical. I have got around this by manually creating the service
> using the earl service add.
> However I have moved on in my thoughts since I believe we need an
> Active/Active setup rather than Active/Passive.
> I think I am going to go with the use of HaProxy to load balance
> requests to a windows rabbitmq cluster.

Ahhhh, yes, that pesky hex string at the end of the service name.

Find the script that registers the service, within there will be a call to
erlsrv.

Add a command line option to erlsrv: -internalservicename "RabbitMQ_Service"
or whatever nice name you want to use.

Maybe this will allow you to set things up in a nicer way?

/Robby