[rabbitmq-discuss] Rebilling Customers

Chad Tomkiss chadtomkiss at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:07:25 GMT 2011

Hi,

Im thinking of using a message queue to deal with our customer's
subscriptions.

Currently, we run a cron every 5 mins to bill 20 people/send invoice
etc, but not comfortable with this approach as the num of people
needed to bill increases, with the chance of cron overlapping etc.

Would it make sense to add all subscriptionIDs to a queue.. and then
set up workers to process the queue by getting the ID and then billing
that subscription?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chad