[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash in rabbit_management_agent-2.7.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 11 11:49:01 GMT 2011

On 11/11/11 11:07, Richard Jones wrote:
> The /proc/<pid>  dir is owned by rabbitmq, but the /proc/<pid>/fd dir
> is owned (and only readable) by root, along with a bunch of other
> stuff in /proc/<pid>.

Hmm. Needless to say, that's not what I'm seeing here. I'm on Ubuntu
10.04 - you?

> I start rabbit using "sudo /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server start"
>
> Did something change in how rabbit setuids or something since 2.6?  It
> worked fine prior to installing the new deb.

2.6.1 did something like 'setsid sh -c "/usr/sbin/rabbitmq-server"'
2.7.0 does 'setsid /usr/sbin/rabbitmq-server'

(in both cases with come redirection and environment munging.)

This doesn't feel like something that could cause this failure though.

I'll patch rabbit_management_agent to fall back to lsof if it can't open
/proc/<pid>/fd, but I'd like to find out why you're seeing this - I've
googled a bit but can't see anything that would indicate why permissions
are as they are.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen