[rabbitmq-discuss] Active/Active failover and lost messages

Konstantin Kalin konstantin.kalin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:22:57 GMT 2011

Hi, Matthew.

On Nov 7, 1:52 am, Matthew Sackman <matt... at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Hi Konstantin,
>

> Interesting. I would guess that that's the case when the publisher is
> connected to a highly loaded node, and the publisher's node is taken
> down. Could you check if that's the case?

You are right. That's the case. Once I returned back "Publisher
confirms" no more messages are lost in this situation as well. ( I
commented code when I was playing with different options and forgot to
return back). Now RabbitMQ just works :)
I also noticed that "Publisher confirms" increases CPU load on the
cluster but I think this is expected costs.

Thank you for your help and great product,
Konstantin.